Class Schedule Adults DC - K str. NW
Adults classes are held at 1629 K Str., Suite 300, Washington DC 20006: we use several offices and a conference room.
We choose quality over quantity: our classes have between 3 and 6 participants to make sure everyone gets a lot of attention and progress better and faster.
If you don't know your level, you can do this self-evaluation or contact us for a short assessment.
French for Beginners (A1) (Survival classes 12h or Blue classes 20 h)
French for Elementary Speakers (A2) (Conversation Classes or Grammar Classes)
French for intermediate Speakers (B1) (Conversation Classes or Grammar Classes)
French for Advanced and Bilingual Speakers (B2- C1)
Choose your Beginner A1 Class
* Survival 1 (A1 -1) for complete beginners - 12 hours - $240
Learn the basics in a fun interactive way using a full immersion communicative methodology.
- Survival 1 Thurdays 5:30-7:30pm - Nov 8th to Dec 20th - 2 hours over 6 weeks.
-Survival 1 INTENSIVE Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu from 8:00am to 9:30am - November 5 to 15th - 8 sessions of 1.5 hours over 2 weeks.
- Survival 1 INTENSIVE Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu from 8:00am to 9:30am - December 10 to 20th - 8 sessions of 1.5 hours over 2 weeks.
** Survival 2 (A1 -2) for beginners with some knowledge- 12 hours - $240
Learn more basics to be able to survive in a French speaking country! (You must have some knowledge to register for this class).
- Survival 2 Thurdays 6-8:00pm - Nov 8th to Dec 20th - 2 hours over 6 weeks.
- Survival 2 INTENSIVE Mo, Tue, Wed, Thu from 8:00 to 9:30am - Nov 26th to Dec 6th - 8 sessions of 1.5 hours over 2 weeks.
** Review Beginner Workshop A1 (A1-2) - 7.5 hours of class - $150
You did a A1-1 or A1-2 class and you forgot some? You struggle to understand authentic dialogs? This workshop will help you brush up your beginner skills, so you can continue with the next class. Prerequisite: Survival 1 and 2, or 15-20 hours of French.
- Review French Beginner A1 - Tue 6-7:30pm - from Nov 6th to Dec 4th - 7.5 hours - $150.
*** Survival 3 (A1-3) for advanced beginners- 12 hours - $240
Learn more to be an elementary speaker! Must have done Survival 1 and 2 (or Bleu 1 and 2) or have finished A1-2 level.
- Survival 3 Thurdays 6-7:30pm - Jan 10th to Feb 28th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
CLASSES BLEUES - for beginners (A1) - 20 hours over 10 weeks
Enjoy a slower pace with more hours
* Blue 1 (A1-1) for complete beginners - 20 hours of class - $395
Compared to the Survival 1 class the rhythm is slower-paced but has more grammar.
- Blue 1 Tuesdays 7-9pm -Jan 8th to March 12th - 2 hours over 10 weeks - $395.
- Blue 1 Saturdays 9:30-11:30am -Jan 12th to March 16th - 2 hours over 10 weeks - $395.
Choose your Elementary A2 Class
**** Survival 4 (A1-4) for starting elementary - 12 hours - $240
Learn to use all the past and future tenses! For students who have done A1-3.
- Survival 4 - Wednesdays 6-7:30pm - Jan 9th to Feb 27th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
***** Conversation and Grammar (A2) - 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150
For Elementary (A2) students who want to train and perfect their conversation skills and fluidity of the language, while learning and reviewing grammar rules. 1.5 hours over 5, or 8 weeks.
NEW EVERY SESSION
- Conversation and Grammar (A2) workshop 7.5 hours: Thu 7:30-9:00pm - Nov 8th to Dec 13th - $150
- Conversation and Grammar (A2) Class: Thu 7:30-9:00pm - Jan 10th to Feb 28th - $240
***** Improve your Understanding (A2) - 7.5 hours - $150
You did some beginner and elementary classes (you are A2) and you are still struggling with pronunciation, and oral understanding? You feel you didn't get enough practice and have difficulties understand native speakers, audio tracks in class or simple videos. You are looking for a brush up to continue French classes after a break? This class is for you!
- Oral Understanding (elementary) A2 Tue 7:30-9pm - Nov 20th to Dec 18th - 1.5 hours over 5 weeks.
***** Survival 5 (A2-1)- 12 hours - $240
Learn to use the conditional and the subjunctive. For students who have done the Survival 4 or are A2 (elementary).
- Survival 5 - Tuesdays 7:30-9pm - Jan 8th to Feb 26th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
Choose your Intermediate B1 Class
***** Conversation and Grammar B1- 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150.
This class is for Intermediate students (B1) who want to improve their conversation skills and strengthen some grammar points at the same time. We have a new program every session, so you can repeat this class several times as long as you are B1 or above.
NEW EVERY SESSION
- Conversation and Grammar (B1) workshop 7.5 hours: Wed 6-7:30pm - November 7th to Dec 12th - $150
****** Les News (B1+/ B2 and above) - 12 hours $240 or as a workshop 7.5 hours $150
Let's talk about current events in French and improve our understanding and debating skills. This class has a new syllabus every period and a hands-on curriculum to better integrate the participants' needs! Can be repeated several times as long as you are B1+ and above.
NEW CLASS EVERY SESSION
- News Mon 6:00-7:30 pm - November 19th to December 17th - 1.5 hours over 5 weeks - $150.
****** Globetrotters - travel to French speaking countries (B1+/ B2 and above) - 12 h or 7.5h workshop
For very strong intermediate to bilingual speakers who are interested to talk about culture, politics, architecture, food, traditions and history. This is a great class for debate, discussions, learning vocabulary in the field of international development, public health and more.
NEW CLASS EVERY SESSION
- Class Globetrotters Fri 5:30-7:00 pm - Nov 9th to Dec 14th - 1.5 hours over 5 weeks - $150.
*****Perfect Grammar B1 - 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150
A dynamic grammar class to review B1 rules (the past, the conditional, the subjunctive, prepositions,...)
- Grammar B1 Wed 9-10:30am - October 31st to December 19th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks $240.
Choose your Advanced B2/C1 Class
****** Perfect your French! Conversation and Grammar B2/C1- 12 hours - $240
Class for advanced speakers (B2+) who would like to empower their French with better oral and written skills.
NEW EVERY SESSION, can be repeated several times.
- Perfect French (B2+) Wed 12-1:30 pm - Oct 31st to Dec 19th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks - $240.
****** Les Pro des Toasts (B2 and +) - 1.5h for $35
This class is for Advanced students (B2-C1) who want to improve their presentation and rhetorik skills.
- Apprenez plus sur l'étiquette des "toasts".
- Entrainez-vous à écrire des petits discours efficaces, structurés, pertinents, ou droles.
- Entrainez-vous à porter un toast lors de diverses occasion.
Pro des Toasts part 1 - December 18th from 6:00 to 7:30pm - $35
Pro des Toasts part 2 - December 19th from 6:00 to 7:30pm - $35 (you can book part 2 even if you did not do part 1)