Class Schedule Adults DC - K str. NW
Adults classes are held at 1629 K Str., Suite 300, Washington DC 20006: we use several offices and a conference room.
We choose quality over quantity: our classes have between 3 and 6 participants to make sure everyone gets a lot of attention and progress better and faster.
If you don't know your level, you can do this self-evaluation or contact us for a short assessment.
French for Beginners (A1) (Survival classes 12h or Blue classes 20 h)
French for Elementary Speakers (A2) (Conversation Classes or Grammar Classes)
French for intermediate Speakers (B1) (Conversation Classes or Grammar Classes)
French for Advanced and Bilingual Speakers (B2- C1)
Choose your Beginner A1 Class
* Survival 1 (A1 -1) for complete beginners - 12 hours - $240
Learn the basics in a fun interactive way using a full immersion communicative methodology.
- Survival 1 Tuesdays 6:00-7:30pm - Jan 29th to April 2nd - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks - $240.
- Survival 1 INTENSIVE (Mo to Thu) from 8:00am to 9:30am - Feb 11th to 21st - 8 sessions of 1.5 hours over 2 weeks.
- Survival 1 Thurdays 6:00-7:30pm - March 14th to May 2nd - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
** Survival 2 (A1 -2) for beginners with some knowledge- 12 hours - $240
Learn more basics to be able to survive in a French speaking country! (You must have some knowledge to register for this class).
- Survival 2 INTENSIVE (Mo to Thu) from 8:00am to 9:30am - Jan 28th to Feb 7th - 8 sessions of 1.5 hours over 2 weeks.
- Survival 2 Thurdays 6:00-7:30pm - March 14th to May 2nd - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks. __________________________________________________________________
*** Learn your Verbs (A1) - 7.5 hours $150
For Beginner students (A1) who want to strengthen their grammar skills focussing on verb conjugaison. Review your French irregular verbs in present, and build simple dialogs to use them.
- Learn your Verbs (A1) 7.5 hours - Wed 6-7:30pm - Feb 6th to March 6th - $150
*** Survival 3 (A1-3) for advanced beginners- 12 hours - $240
Learn more to be an elementary speaker! Must have done Survival 1 and 2 (or Bleu 1 and 2) or have finished A1-2 level.
- Survival 3 Thurdays 6-7:30pm - Jan 24th to March 14th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
CLASSES BLEUES - for beginners (A1) - 20 hours over 10 weeks
Enjoy a slower pace with more hours
* Blue 1 (A1-1) for complete beginners - 20 hours of class - $395
Compared to the Survival 1 class the rhythm is slower-paced but has more grammar.
- Blue 1 Saturdays 11am-1pm - Jan 19th to March 23rd - 2 hours over 10 weeks - $395.
Choose your Elementary A2 Class
**** Survival 4 (A1-4) for starting elementary - 12 hours - $240
Learn to use all the past and future tenses! For students who have done A1-3.
- Survival 4 - Wednesdays 6-7:30pm - Jan 30th to March 20th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks.
**** Survival 5 (A2-1)- 12 hours - $240
Learn to use the conditional and the subjunctive. For students who have done the Survival 4 or are A2 (elementary).
- Survival 5 - Tuesdays 7:30-9pm - Jan 22nd to March 12th - 1.5 hour over 8 weeks.
***** Grammar in Dialogs (A2/B1) - 7.5 hours $150
For Elementary (A2) or low intermediate (B1-) students who want to strengthen their grammar skills in a fun workshop. We will work on authentic dialogs - and therefore on your oral comprehension- to review grammar rules
- Grammar in Dialog (A2/B1) 7.5 hours - Tue 7:30-9pm from Feb 12th to March 12th - $150
NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
**** Travel Hacks: The remedy to your travel troubles! (A1-3 to A2+)
This class focuses on "more complicated" dialogs and conversations when traveling abroad. We address tricky travel problems such as explaining your symptoms to a doctor, finding medicine for when you're sick, how to handle getting pick pocketed, or how to deal with trouble at the airport or train station (lost luggage, taxis, delays, etc.). Finally how to shop and bargain for cool souvenirs.
- Travel Hacks - Wed 7:30 to 9:00pm - Feb 13th to March 6th - 1.5h over 4 weeks - Tuition $120 - MORE HERE
***** Conversation and Grammar (A2) - 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150
For Elementary (A2) students who want to train and perfect their conversation skills and fluidity of the language, while learning and reviewing grammar rules. 1.5 hours over 5, or 8 weeks.
NEW EVERY SESSION
- Conversation and Grammar (A2) Class: Thu 7:30-9:00pm - March 14th to May 2nd - $240
Choose your Intermediate B1 Class
***** Conversation and Grammar B1- 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150.
This class is for Intermediate students (B1) who want to improve their conversation skills and strengthen some grammar points at the same time. We have a new program every session, so you can repeat this class several times as long as you are B1 or above.
NEW EVERY SESSION
- Conversation and Grammar (B1) workshop 7.5 hours: Wed 6-7:30pm - Feb 6th to March 6th - $150
****** Les News (B1+/ B2 and above) - 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150
Let's talk about current events in French and improve our understanding and debating skills. This class has a new syllabus every period and a hands-on curriculum to better integrate the participants' needs! Can be repeated several times as long as you are B1+ and above.
NEW CLASS EVERY SESSION
- News Class - Mon 6:30-8:00 pm - Jan 28th to March 25th (no class Feb 18th) - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks - $240.
****** Globetrotters - travel to French speaking countries (B1+/ B2 and above)
For very strong intermediate to bilingual speakers who are interested to talk about culture, politics, architecture, food, traditions and history. This is a great class for debate, discussions, learning vocabulary in the field of international development, public health and more.
NEW CLASS EVERY SESSION
-Class Globetrotters Class - Fri 5:30-7:00 pm - Jan 25th to March 15th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks - $240.
*****Perfect Grammar B1 - 12 hours $240 or 7.5 hours $150
A dynamic grammar class to review B1 rules (the past, the conditional, the subjunctive, prepositions,...)
- Grammar B1 Tues 5:30-7pm - March 19th to May 7th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks $240.
Choose your Advanced B2/C1 Class
****** Perfect your French! Conversation and Grammar B2/C1- 12 hours - $240
Class for advanced speakers (B2+) who would like to empower their French with better oral and written skills.
NEW EVERY SESSION, can be repeated several times.
- Perfect French (B2+) Wed 7:30-9pm - Jan 23rd to March 13th - 1.5 hours over 8 weeks - $240.